This week you will meet Titus. He is a 16-year-old boy from Zimbabwe. Titus lives with his grandparents and other family members in the rural village of Ngundu. They live in a small, brick hut that has no plumbing, electricity or running water. Titus must get his water from the community well.
Both of Titus’ parents have passed away. Titus was going to school but once his parents died he felt like he could not continue getting an education. VisionTrust encouraged Titus to continue with his schooling. They paid for his education and clothing and over time he finished his primary and secondary education. Titus says, “Everything I have is from VisionTrust.” VisionTrust has also taught Titus about God. He has begun to share the good news of Jesus’ love to other people. Titus is very thankful for all that VisionTrust has done for him.
Have you ever felt like you were in an impossible situation? Titus felt like it would be impossible for him to finish school after his parents died. VisionTrust helped to guide Titus to make a wise decision about his future. Think of a person in your life that could help you to make a wise decision about your situation. Go to them and talk to them about how you are feeling.
“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”
Ways to get involved:
VisionTrust told Titus about Jesus and his love for him. In turn, Titus is telling others what he has learned. Is there someone in your life that you would like to share God’s love with? Do something special for them. Tell him that you love them. Speak kind and encouraging words to them. Love them the way Jesus loves you. Tell them what you are learning about Jesus.
- Pray for Titus as he shares God’s love with others.
- Pray for the Vision Trust group in Zimbabwe. They are helping so many children like Titus.
- Ask God to give you courage to ask a wise friend for advice in a hard situation.
- Zimbabwe is located in the southern part of Africa. It is landlocked which means it is surrounded on all sides by land.
- Sadza is the most common food in Zimbabwe. This is the food that Titus and his family eat everyday. It is made from ground maize (corn) into a stiff porridge and is usually eaten with meat if the family can afford it.
- Victoria Falls is located on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. The falls form the world’s largest curtain of falling water at one mile high and 360 feet high. The local people have named it Mosi-oa-Tunya’ which means “the smoke that thunders”.